Runners all over Cyprus, this is for you! Universal Life Cyprus Ultra 21 km Trail Half Marathon kicks off in May. Are you ready to be part of something big? Some of you may have already started training intensely… Here is what you need to know:
• Pre race safety briefing is scheduled for 19 May 2017, 4 pm at MyMall Limassol. Make sure you don’t miss it! Please note that this is a prep meeting dedicated to runners only. Due to limited space availability, family and/or friends supporting the runners are kindly asked to wait outside the venue. For those of you who cannot attend, the organisers will film the entire talk and broadcast it live via Facebook video.
• 20 May is D-day – 8 am sharp, runners are expected at the start location at Vasa Kellakiou community centre football field. Pass by the registration desk to check in!
• 9 am official race opening. Now is the best time for a photo shoot!
• Universal Life Cyprus Ultra starts at 10 am. Ready, get set, go!
• This is a 21k race with a 4-hour cut-off time.
• The race goes across hill terrain, following mountain trails, with a total elevation gain of around 700 meters. So, mind your pace and your breath!
• Organisers caution about extreme heat on 20 May, and in Cyprus due to humidity, it may feel like 35C temperature. There is no shade on the Cyprus Ultra route!
• Recommended Gear - See http://www.cyprusultra.com/recommended-gear.html
• Q&A - See http://www.cyprusultra.com/q--a.html
Every big race has its own rules, and Cyprus Ultra is no exception. As a qualified runner, you need to strictly observe the following:
1. SAFETY FIRST! Take along your mobile and make sure it’s fully charged when you enter the race so you can contact the ‘non-running’ world in case of emergency.
2. You are totally on your own! No pacers and support crews are allowed on the race route.
3. Hiking sticks are not allowed! Cyprus Ultra is a running race, although you can also walk (if you need to catch your breath).
4. FOR SAFETY REASONS, if you are found to need medical care by the official race crews anywhere on the route, you will immediately be removed from the race without the possibility to rejoin.
5. To enter the race, you MUST fill in the race waiver and medical forms before 1 May 2017.
The race entry fee includes:
• Cyprus Ultra medal for the winners (if you finish the race within cut-off);
• Race bib number;
• Water and aid station facilities (fruits);
• 20 May- dance-the-night-away party at the race location.
Cyprus Ultra Marathon